Types of Sports Betting
Sports betting has been around for centuries, and it is not going anywhere anytime soon. For those who are interested in sports betting, there are many different types of bets to make. Here is a list of few different kinds of sports bets that you can make!
* Straight Bet: A straight bet is the simplest type of sports bet. You pick a team, and you choose either “over” or “under.” If your team wins, you win the amount set by the bookmaker for betting on that game.
For example, if an over/under on football is -110, meaning it costs $110 to wager $100 back, with every hundred dollars wagered, odds are given at even money (or 50%), so if they select “over” when their side chosen scores more than 11 points in regulation time, then they would be paid out as 250 to one.
* Two Way Parlay: In this case, two separate bets are placed at once, which do not have to be on the same game. The big advantage is that if one bet wins, then you double your money and earn a profit right there.
* Three-Way Parlay: In this case, three separate bets are placed at once, which do not have to be on the same game. If any of them win, then you triple your money and earn a potential profit!
* Top Handicap Betting: This type of betting requires some research as it’s all about handicapping games where two teams with different strengths play each other so that one team will cover or beat its opponent by more than what was set for betting purposes by bookmakers like Pinnacle Sports (the world’s largest sportsbook).
For example, if a team is given a handicap of -130 and the game ends in a 130-120 score, then you would have won your bet.
* Match Betting: In this betting type, you can back one result or two results and place them against each other to win more money if they happen during an event.
So, for example, if you placed $100 on Team A at +150 odds (meaning that it costs $50 to wager $100) but also put up another hundred dollars with Team B who offered even longer odds (+200), then winning either side will payout as 250 to one.
* Proposition Betting: These types are popular because they don’t require much research before being made, rather than being handicapped. For example, you could place a bet on “Team A’s first score in the game” or “Team B to win by two points.”
* Teaser Betting: This betting type is all about using different odds than what is offered and requires some research beforehand (although not as many other types).
In this case, for every $100 wagered, bookmakers like Pinnacle Sports will payout at 150-152 instead of 100-102, which means that if they were placing bets using these higher odds (+140), then they would have won their bet.
For more, check out UFABET!